Demand More: 5 Ways Your Warehouse Print-On-Demand Solution is No Bargain
If you’re tracking products or assets through your warehouse or distribution center, there’s a good chance you’re using LPN/pallet labels with barcodes. Thousands of companies like yours do just that. It’s a simple, highly efficient way to track and manage important items.
But a key consideration is how to produce your LPN labels in a way that’s cost effective and most efficient for warehouse workers. It may seem like printing your own labels in-house would be a smart way to save time and resources. After all, who hasn’t taken on a DIY project at home to try to save a little money?
When you do the analysis for your distribution center labels, however, the results may surprise you. This is one time when DIY may be BAD.
“The downsides that we hear most often about in-house label printing are that it’s time-consuming, error prone and can be a real drain on your resources,”
– Gregg Schiltz, ID Label COO
The Drawbacks of Print-On-Demand Labels
As convenient and “cheap” as it may seem, in-house, on-demand printing has its drawbacks.
“The downsides that we hear most often are that it’s time-consuming, error prone and can be a real drain on your resources,” said Gregg Schiltz, ID Label COO. “We encourage our clients to do a true cost/benefit analysis to fully understand the pros and cons of printing LPN labels on-demand.”
5 Key Questions to Assess Your True Costs
There are five questions you should consider to help you understand if a print-on-demand approach is costing you more than you realize.
- Is your time better spent operating a printer or operating a warehouse?
- What is the impact to your operations if there’s a label sequence error or misprint?
- How much are you investing in printing equipment, software licenses, supplies and manpower for “free” in-house labels?
- Are you satisfied with your label durability, quality and adhesive strength?
- Have you compared the true costs of on-demand vs. preprinted labels from an industry leader like ID Label?
The ID Label Advantage
ID Label manufactures extremely durable warehouse rack and bin location labels. Our materials have been tested and used in warehouse operations around the globe.
Interested in learning more? Contact us today.