3 Asset Label Options for Tracking Plastic Warehouse Pallets and Totes
Reusable plastic pallets, totes and containers offer several benefits to warehouse and logistics operators.
“They are durable and long-lasting, eco-friendly, lighter, safer and they work well in automated conveyor systems,” said John Regner, an ID Label business development manager, “just to name a few.”
These reusable, returnable assets play a key role in a company’s order, fulfillment and delivery processes. But, like any asset, they can be misplaced or lost if not properly managed.
“That can be costly in more ways than one,” Regner said.
“Without the ability to properly track warehouse assets, companies can incur significant additional costs. Not only will lost and unreturned pallets and totes need to be replaced, workers may also waste hours conducting searches and creating workarounds.”
– John Regner, ID Label Inc.
Tracking Reusable Pallets and Containers
“The benefits of plastic pallets, containers and totes are easy to see,” he said. “If you’re investing in them, however, we highly recommend you also invest a modest amount in a durable barcode label or tag to track these assets.”
Without the ability to properly track warehouse assets, companies can incur significant additional costs. Not only will lost and unreturned pallets and totes need to be replaced, workers may also waste hours conducting searches and creating workarounds.
3 Proven Labeling Solutions
“ID Label offers a few different labeling options for tracking plastic warehouse pallets, containers and totes,” Regner said. “These products are economical and highly effective, especially when compared to an RFID tag.”
1. BullsEyeTM Ultra-Durable Label – BullsEye labels have a thick construction
and are engineered for durability and longevity. ID Label’s specialized manufacturing process produces extremely rigid and virtually indestructible labels that are ideal for reusable plastic pallets.
They feature aggressive, all-temperature adhesives and UV-resistant inks. This means they’ll continue to scan accurately in indoor and outdoor settings, as well as cold-storage environments. They are designed to perform accurately and consistently amidst frequent slotting, picking, shipment and returns of your reusable pallet assets.
2. Tote RenewTM Label Holder – Tote Renew is a durable, laminated label-holding strip that makes it easy to apply and remove barcode labels for all your plastic totes and containers. Workers avoid the time-consuming challenge of constantly scraping off old labels or the mess of stacking new labels on top of old ones.
“With Tote Renew, label removal is clean, fast and simple,” Regner said. “That helps to boost worker productivity and operational speed. Plus, there’s no added cost with some other solutions like plastic sleeves or placards to house labels.”
3. Metal Asset Tag – Some applications and environments might call for a label or tag of extremely high durability. For example, manufacturing equipment where an asset tracking barcode might be exposed to extreme heat, harsh chemicals or solder.
“Metal asset tags are a larger investment, but they’re value lies in their durable performance,” Regner said. “They’re resistant to abrasions, they’re not affected by caustic chemicals and cleaning solutions, and they can typically withstand extremely high temperatures up to 750 degrees.”
The ID Label Advantage
ID Label manufactures extremely durable asset tags and labels. Our materials have been tested and used in operations around the globe.
Contact us to understand your best options and we’ll develop a custom solution that’s right for your environment, requirements and budget.
Interested in learning more? Contact us today.
- CEO Interview: What’s Ahead for Warehouse Barcoding and Labeling
- ID Label Launches New Website and Brand Image
- ID Label’s Environmental Commitment: Less Than One Percent Waste to Landfills
- Roadmap to a Successful Warehouse Label and Sign Installation Project
- 2 Labeling Solutions for Warehouse Inventory Location Flexibility