Survey: Barcoding is Most Important Warehouse Technology Investment
In a recent survey, Zebra Technologies analyzed the state of the warehousing marketplace. It’s clear that retail e-commerce and its increasing demand for faster merchandise delivery is redefining how the supply chain distributes consumer goods and products — and how warehouses and DCs must operate.
Eighty-seven percent of survey respondents said they are planning to rollout more warehouses and DCs over the next five years, with 71 percent planning to increase space and retrofit current legacy systems.
Warehouse executives said they plan to expand the use of barcode scanning by 67 percent over the next five years. They cite its vital role in enabling efficiency, automation and speed in the handling of inbound and outbound inventory.
Barcoding Technology is Essential
Next-generation “smart” warehouses are increasingly relying on technology to track and manage inventory. This means equipping staff with new technology is a top investment priority to achieve the desired efficiencies and productivity gains.
Barcode scanning tops the technology priority list. Warehouse executives said they plan to expand the use of barcode scanning by 67 percent over the next five years. They cite its vital role in enabling efficiency, automation and speed in the handling of inbound and outbound inventory.
Partner with ID Label
As you assess your warehouse/DC expansion needs, be sure to consult with ID Label for turnkey solutions that include:
- Durable barcode labels for all of your racks, bins, shelves, pallets and totes, with number sequences stored in our custom database for easy reordering.
- Signage for aisle identification markers, bulk storage retro-reflective signs, dock doors signs, staging signs and cross-dock signs — available on a wide range of materials to meet your specific needs.Floor plate kits and striping
- Nationwide installation services that include material and layout recommendations, data file management and planning/ layout. We have extensive installation experience and we use our own fully bonded and insured staff. In fact, we recently installed our one-millionth warehouse label so far this year.
The ID Label Advantage
ID Label manufactures extremely durable warehouse rack and bin location labels. Our materials have been tested and used in warehouse operations around the globe.
Interested in learning more? Contact us today.
- Distributor Gains Flexibility and Productivity with Clean Release™ Shelf Labels
- 4 Ways to Save with Arctic Xtreme™ Labels for Cold Storage Facilities
- Growth in Remote Work and Learning Drives Need for Asset Labels
- 3 Ways a Warehouse Management System with Proper Labeling Can Improve Your Operation
- How Labeling Solutions Can Optimize Mega Warehouse Operations